1) He graduated with a degree in "Journalism - Public Relations" and has successfully made a career for himself in that field. In fact, that is what eventually brought us to San Francisco last summer.
2) He loves airports and the whole flying process. All of the normal stresses that come with airfare do not phase him at all. He loves the ticket counter, the security checkpoints and everything leading up to those cloudy, dreamy views. Not surprisingly, his career has had him flying all over the world quite a bit.
3) His mom is a music teacher which means that he can pick-up and play many instruments. He plays the guitar mainly but is adept at others including the piano and the trombone. True story: He even got an official trombone scholarship from/to the University of Oregon. However, he declined it because he didn't want to commit the time that goes into a collegiate band.
4) He is a sun lover and adores a vacation where he can put his feet in the sand and a book in his hand.
5) He is an excellent cook and can make gourmet meals from scratch with ease. Even so, he's always really encouraging and kind to me as I attempt to get on his level with my own creations (which I can never do).
6) He reads his Kindle every single night before bed and plows through multiple books a month.
7) He loves Oregon ales. But when they aren't on tap, his go-to drink order is a Laguintas IPA.
8) He loves, loves, loves Mexican and Asian food (with Mexican food winning by a hair on account of street tacos). However, his absolute favorite food is rice (no matter what part of the country the spices in it come from). He generally eats the entire pot thus eliminating my ability to ever food prep rice for the week. Seriously.
9) He's a saver. He doesn't spend money on "stuff" for the most part. When he does spend, it's to eat well or to take a cool trip.
10) He's a runner and runs about 25-40 miles a week (usually with Chandler keeping pace at his feet). When he's on a really good run and gliding over amazing scenery simultaneously, he gets teary-eyed.
^Running a Portland race in April 2013
11) He goes to bed early on the weeknights and has a complete opposite sleep schedule than me. This has been an adjustment for us both.
12) Growing up, Tara Reid was his #1 dream girl. Lol for days but she was pretty dang cute in the 00's.
13) He doesn't like dessert and hates waiting for people to order, receive and eat it when he's out at a restaurant, stuffed from dinner and ready to go.
14) He likes watching skyscrapers being built, it fascinates him - especially when there's a crane involved. He will generally pull over to the side of the sidewalk to take it all in for a moment.
15) It's hard for him to find anything he loves to do more than kicking it with his buddies. It's how he would spend all his days if he could.
^In Cabo with his best bud, Jordan.
16) He's fascinated by aviation and would love to find a way to merge that into his career at some point in time. If you look at the title image for this post, his cufflinks are planes.
17) He doesn't like to gossip and rarely relays information to me. He just doesn't care about things like that.
18) Both his mom and dad are his heroes in their own way. Mainly due to the kind, engaging lens they use to view the world. An obvious example is that he cooks just like his dad and he loves to play music while the sun sets just like his mom.
19) He has always been a cat person but really, really, really loves owning our dog (and looks forward to our eventual cat).
^Cannon Beach with Chandler
20) He has wanted to live in California forever (especially San Francisco). This made it quite difficult when I tried to continually tell him just how nice it would be to live in Chicago snow.
21) He comes from a Brady Bunch type of family and is pretty close with all involved. He's especially close with his brother, Logan, and his Step-Brother, Kevin.
22) His hometown, Ashland, has had a huge impact on who he is today. I think it is largely responsible for his love of experiences, wine, kindness, big skies, music and family.
^Us in his hometown on his Mom's property
23) He hatessss melted cheese. The only thing he hates more is listening to everyone go "WHAT! HOW DO YOU HATE MELTED CHEESE!?" immediately after he admits that.
24) In college, he worked at the Student Rec Center at U of O and had himself a great old time getting paid to say hi to everyone he knew, eat sandwiches and work out. Though he is still very prideful about the fact that he was still a student and promoted to manager.
25) He's of Irish & German descent and still thinks Irish Bands are some of the best things in the music scene.