Saturday, May 29, 2010

Lauren Conrad: You had me at 'Hello'.

Slowly but surely, I have fallen in love these last couple of years with none other than Lauren Conrad.

I started watching The Hills a few years back with no real interest in the show and a judgment of all the actors involved with it. But it only took a few episodes for me to realize a few things.

  1. Lauren Conrad is not a bimbo. Yes, she was born into a very affluent lifestyle but really, you can't judge someone solely based on that: People are born into what they're born into.

  2. With that said, no one likes a rich, mindless, stupid, worthless, gluttonous girl. I started to notice that she was none of these things. Of course she shops on a huge budget but she also always went to school and studied (i.e. LC is the anti-Paris Hilton who has the world at her feet and gains a mere GED. That is not the kind of person LC is), she always worked jobs beyond school and she hasn't had any evident breakdown showing that she can no longer handle her life in Hollywood.

    {One of these gals can handle fame and one cannot. I'll let you figure it out}

  3. But really... if we want to be honest, what I started to notice most about her was her look. Lauren consistently looks insanely amazing to the point where I don't even understand how it's possible that she always looks so fierce. She can go from classy daywear to smoldering nightwear and she has become very adept at always showcasing "sexy" in lieu of "slutty".

It is due to this love I have for Miss LC that I soak up any image/outfit/inspiration she will "give" me. And so is why I pieced together this number a few weeks ago:


Tie-back, backless Halter: BCBG Blue, Zipper-back skirt: Nordstrom Rack Shoes: Steve Madden

To me, it absolutely is LC inspired for one reason or another - just looks like her.

{Above: See? We're basically the same girl! (Or so I'd like to pretend)}

So anyway, that was my "pretend to be LC" post and if you think you've seen the last of her on this blog, you gone and done lost yo' mind.

Have a great weekend beautifuls!

All images via Google Images

post signature

29 comments:

Iva said...

hey lady! hope you are having a nice weekend! you look lovely! LC is a very pretty girl for sure! Super cute dress! Love the color combos!

Miss*Kimmy said...

No disagreements here!
I LOVE LC too .. and I've never really even watched the Hils. I just love her style; she lootks so natural and not fake at all. I love the side braids she started wearing in her hair. And like you said, she's not a bimbo AT ALL. Have you read her LA Candy series? I would HIGHLY recomend it. I couldn't put it down.

Miss*Kimmy said...

Oh and of course you look stunning in your LC inspired look!

Claire Kiefer said...

You're right--she's so pretty and so stylish. It's true that she always looks amazing in whatever she's wearing. But for that matter, so do you! I'm so impressed by the thought that goes into each of your outfits. You look phenomenal! Hope you're having a wonderful weekend so far. :)

littlemissjuicy said...

oh my God, you pulled it off amazingly well!

Erika said...

Ah, I am so in love with Lauren Conrad. Everything about her is perfection in my book. Love, love, love your LC-inspired style! You look absolutely adorable!

Happy, Happy Memorial Weekend, my love!! :)

A.Co said...

So cute.

Agreed, I'm very fond of her too.

You look great, C!!

A.Co @ A.Co est. 1984

A.Co said...

PS - Do you have twitter?

PPS - today was AMAZING and I wanna tell you about it.

Slamdunk said...

I am sure LC appreciates the props--especially when folks like me who don't pay that much attention to situations like hers may get the wrong impression.

Enjoy the holiday weekend.

Holly said...

I will agree Lauren is gorgeous and has style. But I am not fully onboard the LC love train...yet! Maybe it is my age (LOL). Your outfit is very LC.

Audrey Allure said...

Absolutely love your outfit, and definitely LC inspired :) I adore her, I think she's amazing!

Kinsey Michaels said...

I have always loved Lauren too, she is so stunning and always puts the cutest outfits together.
But on that note I absolutely love your dress Missy!!! You look fabulous. I could talk about The Hills all day.

Fashion Meets Food said...

I absolutely love your outfit! You look gorgeous! I adore LC as well. Just found your blog and I am loving it!

You have a new follower!

Enjoy the rest of your weekend!

xo

Leah said...

I love her too and you did well in channeling the Lauren look. I love the tank and the skirt combination. xoxo

Julia, the Thanksgiving Girl said...

Haha this is a cute tribute to LC from her! I've never been a fan of the Hills or her like that (I've only seena handful of episodes to be honest), but if I had to choose I always fancied her more over the others as well, she always seemed more real. And I definately agree that the number you picked is very Lauren!! Yet, it is very you too :)

Southern Comfort said...

Hi there! I am now a follower. I really love your blog. Come see me sometime at my blog. http://southerncomfort5.blogspot.com

Brianna! said...

LOVE lauren:)
she's gorgeous!!!!

Sher said...

I think she is very lovely and I always love how she does her hair up in braids! It's totally gorgeous on her:)

And I love your LC pretend post too, let's see more of those shall we?

xx

courtney and brigitte said...

Oh my gosh. love the dress!

Nathalie said...

I had a day long session of the City and the Hills yesterday and totally can understand your crush. And love your comparison :) You totally rock this outfit
Have a great day, Caitlin
*Nathalie

LadyBugSays ... said...

I am so envious of LC and her style. She always pulls off that effortlessly stylish look! Your LC look is great, really shows off your fab tan!!

Vio said...

nice dress!!
violaine
http://www.2girlstonight.com

Walk The Sand said...

Perfectly Conrad-inspired! LOVE the shoes.
x

Juliana said...

You look amazing Caitlin. I love Lauren's style as well and you rock it!

kirstyb said...

i love LC she always looks absolutely gorgeous! xxxx

Vanessa said...

Oh LC. How I love thee. Talk about serious girl crush! All those things you said were true. I've been a big fan of hers since Laguna Beach. & just like her, you look gorgeous!!

OceanDreams said...

I love your LC inspired looks girl, but you look SO much better! Your dress is gorgeous and glad you had fun with all of your inspired picture! :)

Kristin said...

Agreed. Here style is amazing. And so is yours lady!

Rachel {Inspiration in Italy} said...

I agree! LC has her head on straight and I love her attitude about fame. She is always so down to earth and is not letting the craziness get to her head. and YOU look amazing in that dress! So beautiful!

xoxo
Rachel