Friday, January 20, 2012

Tribal Fever All The Way to Seattle

Was it just me or was this week slower than slow? Snail's pace, right? Ready for the weekend? I sure am. Though I of course have a few thoughts:

{tribal fever in action: the last image on bottom right is because nothing fits. And I only takes these images for the sake of my blog and showing you all my obsession. Don't worry, I am not on Facebook loading mirror images of myself. Glad I didn't get upper left gray top, looks horrid.}

First off, I am obsessed with anything that looks Southwesty or Pendletony or Tribaly... you get it. This whole theme has gotten me wanting to dump all my Sequins off at Goodwill in favor of warm, cozy, wool sweaters stitched with eccentric dyes. Love it all and thus have been going crazy trying on all of it that I can find-which brings me to my next thought...


{until weight is lost, tent shirts it is!}

Secondly, Going shopping while you're in the process of losing weight is a fool's game. I mentioned last week that I was kinda "down" end of last year and that manifested itself into stopping working out. Well- no more. I'm eating well and working out again. Problem being that weight doesn't fall off overnight. So, until that point- dressing rooms are my loathed enemy. We're talking Sauron vs. Gandalf enemies (any fellow Lord of the Rings lovahs in here?).

And finally, for my last weekend in my studio apartment before the big move next weekend, I have decided to get in a car and trek north to spend the weekend in Seattle for one of my most beloved friend's birthdays. I truly can't wait to get up there, take off my jacket and have a cocktail with her. Been awhile since I kicked up my feet with good friends for a night out.

{my last visit to Seattle with girlfriends. Ready for it again! I'm on right.}

I'm off to Seattle... so have a great weekend, stay safe, stay happy, stay just as you are.

[editor's note: none of the blogs I'm visiting are loading images for whatever reason. So I'm going to call it a night and will visit you all tomorrow on my lunch! So don't think I'm not saying hi, you shall hear from me tomorrow.]
Photobucket

18 comments:

Mandy @ In the Fashion Lane said...

I am so obsessed with southwestern/tribal/whatever print too! Lots of hearts! And I have decided not to buy things since I am in the process of losing weight too. It sucks and I dread the dressing room (which is why I usually buy and return later :/).

Have a GREAT time in Snowy Seattle!!

Xxoo

Joellen said...

Love your blog, I'm your newest follower! I hope you'll follow me back and we can keep in touch, I love finding new blogs! xoxo

http://joellenlove.com

Katie said...

Have a great weekend! My weight is down a tiny bit so far this year, hopefully going to be more, but all the same I'm avoiding dressing rooms until it levels out. Hopefully at a lower number.

| C AND C | Sarmin said...

Ha! I was online window shopping yesterday at American Apparel, they have these tribal print leggings, have you seen them? I am totally obsessed with them. The 2ND, 5TH, & 6TH are super cute. Especially the hoodie. The worst dressing rooms hands down H&M, love em, but hate their dressing rooms. The light is just blah, & I swear those mirrors add 50lbs. If I try to wear tent shirts, I look bigger, you look chic. Have wonderful weekend/time in Settle, can't wait for the photos.

xo SARMIN

rinniez said...

grrr i hate that you inspire me in the fashion stakes because you are always in the wrong damn season! how am i meant to rock the southwesty look in the middle of summer!?! all i want after reading this post is to snuggle up in the jumper on the bottom left of the top image, even tho i am comfortable sitting here in short shorts and a singlet! :P xx

June said...

Hi Gorgeous! Featured you in my blog post with your answers! Check it out http://junebiswas.blogspot.com

Jax said...

I love Lord of the Rings. And Legolas. Just saying...lol

While I'm not huge on the whole tribal patterns, they look great on you! I too gained a few pounds. Gym time!! Maybe I should check out a dressing room for some motivation to get my little butt in gear. lol

Enjoy Seattle!

Lindsey @ The Hill House said...

Have a safe trip and enjoy!!

Slamdunk said...

Enjoy your time away Miss Caitlin. I hope the snowy weather cooperates with you.

Fabrizia said...

Such a great post, I like it!!! The photos are simply fab!

Take a look and if you want we can follow each others: Cosa mi metto???
Win an amazing dress of your choice up to £200, enter the Zeleb giveaway

TheUrbanUmbrella said...

Great post! I am also very into the tribal prints lately, love them. Everytime I pass by forever 21 or H&m I am so tempted to go buy all the tops they have with the bright, intricate prints!
xx


The Urban Umbrella
xoxo


http://urbanumbrella.blogspot.com/

{andthisiswhatshesaid} said...

love the look. have a fantastic time in Seattle!

Mandee said...

safe travels to Seattle---they have had some crazy weather this week!
I am so excited for you to move! I am loving living with the bf for a couple of weeks now. We have only been moved in for a short time but its like I can barely remember what it was like without him there!

Jessica Wray said...

ahhhh yea, girl! Comin' to the emerald city! I'll be out celebrating my birthday this weekend... maybe I'll run into you ;)

Harriet said...

yeah, the whole trying on clothes while losing weight thing never works well for me... I always buy clothes 2 sizes too small, then never get that far. pointless.

have fun in seattle!! :)

Glee said...

Loving the tribal prints. so fab!

Kara said...

Just got a nerd boner from your LOTR reference, totally amazing!

I'm obsessed with tribal prints too but for whatever reason I don't own any! I found a really cool tribal print dress in some recent issue of Glamour that was listed as an Asos dress but I could NOT find it in Asos.com and was literally enraged. Still can't find it, those assholes!!!

Jaime @ La vie...J'aime said...

i am having the same tribal/southwest obsession! i so wanted a dress from anthro but it sold out :(