Wednesday, November 7, 2012

Animal Farm

 I love animals. 

LOVE animals.

Last Saturday, my weight loss goals fused with my "avoid the gym on a weekend workout if you can" rule - and viola, an idea was born! Instead of Spinning, I'd head due West to Tillamook, OR and do the same hike that I did HERE with Juan... but this time I'd take Miranda.

We piled into the car in Portland and as we neared the Oregon Coast (where Tillamook is perched), we tried to ignore the increase in rain and fog. That was until we arrived at the forest and steadily made our way up the mountain to the cliffside where the hike begins. As we both grew quiet surrounded by evergreens and thick fog, Miranda said "Caitlin, are we going to be girls on the news?"

So after some laughs in the car, a healthy dose of fear and a decision to do only a small PART of the hike merely because we had driven all that way, we knew we would then have some more time to kill in Tillamook before heading back.

Enter Blue Heron- French Cheese Company, which sits just outside the main road which would take us all the way back to Portland. We obviously couldn't resist the opportunity to enjoy some of their handcrafted cheese, their homemade bread and to imbibe in a little wine tasting (you know, during my workout...) ... and unexpectedly, to feed their farm animals.  The moment I saw them all when we pulled in, I was beside myself with glee- especially because there were Rams, Shorthorned Cattle, Goats (my favorites, they are like dogs!), Llamas, Sheep, Donkeys and Chicken. For an animal lover, this is a jackpot.
Yes, that is me. Outfit explained at bottom of post.
Look at those beautiful eyes, what a cutie.
Mir and a Donkey SO cute that I can barely handle this picture.
"We can stay up late, swapping manly stories, and in the morning, I'm making waffles!"
Laughing at the Goat who is standing on two feet, walking the fence so Mir will give him food.
Big Man on Campus
My Heaven.
Gimme, Gimme More, Gimme, More
Please note that there's just a Donkey chilling in the background.
The formula for my happiness.
It was like a huge, slimy cat tongue.
I need to go back!
The Boys via Instagram - @caitielady08
So yes, I know I looked like Jafar. BUT- A) They were hiking clothes. B) It was rainy and misty. C) That scarf WAS around my neck until we walked outside to the animal pen and the wind was blowing my hood down- so I quickly smashed that on top to hold it in place (which worked mind you).

"Miranda, take a picture of me feeding them!"
"Okay, but you know you're still dressed like the Taliban, right?" 

Happiest Thursday.
Photobucket

12 comments:

Karrine Beasley said...

haha miranda's comments!
all those animals are tooo cute... and i love the shrek donkey quote.
also i swear miranda looks good in everything - how anyone manages to look that good in hiking clothes in beyond me! (sorry caitlin, you usually look great ;) haha)
oh and are you wearing a pink lipstick or is that just the lighting? I love the colour!
:)
xx

Mandy @ In the Fashion Lane said...

Crying laughing at Miranda's comment and YES that pic of Mir and the donkey is THE CUTEST.

Glad you had fun... I am not a fan of being that close to animals. Haha.

You two find the funnest thing to do!

| C AND C | Sarmin said...

Seriously, LOL at Miranda's comment. Right on the money with that one. The animals, super cute! I would personally be alil too sacred to get that close, however they look super friendly. Great photos as always.

Brooke said...

Cute animal's! But the ones with the horns look kinda scary!

=)


Brooke

Pat Hatt said...

Never knew goats were like dogs, looks like a grand time was had, you just need Iago and you'd pull off Jafar with ease haha

Erika said...

Cutest. Pictures. Ever. Also...I love Miranda based on her comments alone! :P

Charlotte said...

haha, i love this post. very cute animals, and your outfit is brilliant xx

Miss Caitlin S. said...

@Rinniez- Re: Mir. Tell me about it! I don't get it either, she never looks bad. And I was wearing pink lipstick but I always mess with the color of my photos so it's probably 'popping' more than it did in real life. But it was just the greatest complement to my otherwise exquisite outfit, don't you think? :)

Melissa Blake said...

How cute! Looks like you had a great time! xoxo

Val @ Tangled In Texas said...

Too cute! I love Mir's comment at the end...like you forgot? Ha ha :)

Jessica Wray said...

This looks like my perfect day. I love love love anything with four legs and eager to eat out of the palm of your hand! Jealous!

Le Petite Moustache said...

Argghhhh those animals are so friggin adorable!! I love animals, they make me so happy, and a bit too emotional for my liking...but nonetheless, I love them <3
xxxx

http://segenswunsche.blogspot.co.uk/