Monday, November 26, 2012

Birds, Stuffing & Duncan

Here's the problem: whenever there is a puppy, kitty, friendly bird or anything that grows fur and will kind of engage with me - I can't pry myself away from it. I just can't. I love all doe-eyed, funny, spunky-looking, hairy beings who like to kiss me. I feel that it's crucial to point out that I'm talking about my taste in animal companions, not men- though I don't mind hair on either. Rawr

So when our Thanksgiving guests showed up with their loud, goofy, howling, floppy puppy- I pretty much spent the rest of my night laying on the floor, trying to get the dog to pay attention to me.
Meet Duncan. 5-months-old.
Cuter than cute.
And 12-year-old, increasingly grouchy Maddie acts the part of an amazing Hostess to our guests... haha
Wearing the same lipstick as Mr. Duncan.
Duncan wondering when he can walk 5 steps without me (or my Brother) picking him up against his will
Like Father, like Son: the men in the family prep the meats.
If you Diet on Thanksgiving, you are a sad, strange, little man.
But back to Duncan...
Gently telling him he's not allowed on the couch.
What a goofball.
And for Basset Hounds, I am thankful.
Photobucket

13 comments:

Karrine Beasley said...

ADORABLE! Oh how i miss my little puppy, can't wait to get home to him at xmas. As for that meal - yummo!!!
And the lipstick on the dog bahahahahaha!
:)
xx

Katie said...

Aw he's precious!

Brooke said...

What a cutie!


Happy Holidays!


=)


Brooke

Pat Hatt said...

He is very cute and poses quite well too.

Kate Sparkles said...

Aww I'm the se with puppies.. Love them.. I didn't want to leave a BBQ last weekend because the hosts Maltese was snuggled up on my lap asleep and it seemed rude to wake her!
I've never see. A Basset Hound in real life! How cute does Duncan look! Well jealous you got to spend the holiday playing with him.

femmefrugality said...

So freaking cute!!!! (The meal looks a-mazing, too.)

Kara said...

OMG Maddie!! That is too funny!!! Duncan is so so so cute. Bassets are the best - I have a special place in my heart for them because of The Pioneer Woman's blog :)

Bree TheUrbanUmbrella said...

I think I love your puppy! SO SO cute! Like induced an "awwwwwwwe" lol

xoxo Bree
The Urban Umbrella
http://www.theurbanumbrella.com

Tina said...

ohhhhh my gosh!! duncan is THE cutest!! i dont think i've ever seen a basset hound puppy and now i am in love!! that face is just too much and those big ass ears! lololol what a cutie. and wow you and your brother look so alike! lol such a good looking family!

Val said...

Duncan, may be the cutest thing I've ever seen.

Lindsey @ The Hill House said...

He is adorable!!! I would act the same way with him, rolling on the floor talking to him more than the humans. :) He makes me want another puppy!

BonBon Rose Girls Kristin said...

That puppy is adorable and dieting on any holiday is craziness!

| C AND C | Sarmin said...

All sorts of cuteness, the puppy & your brother.