Friday, November 9, 2012

From Sea to Shining Sea, You've Earned This

I think it's safe to say that all of America needs this weekend. As fantastic as it is that we can all freely share our views, it also means that we can easily be inundated with too much negativity. I don't know about you, but it begins to really affect my disposition around election season: from the President, to Measures, to Amendments... I think we've all had our fair share of opinions, elections and heated discussions.
Fishing in the middle of the lake- look how happy I am unplugged.
So now's your time off and all of the debating is (theoretically) over- go ahead and put your feet up, spend time with your family, walk outside, unplug from social media, read a book, take your dog to the dog park, forget the word "vote"- and get away from it all. 

Breathe.

You've earned this weekend.
Photobucket



9 comments:

Katie said...

Agree, agree, agree. It's definitely time for a couple of days of relaxation. Screaming during football not included, of course.

Mandy @ In the Fashion Lane said...

A-freaking-MEN! Relax, be mellow, and spend some quiet time with myself is all on the agenda. Hope yours is as uneventful and peaceful as mine :)

Pat Hatt said...

The cat forget the blog? Never! That is treason hahaha but then I relax every day, so that is just my way.

femmefrugality said...

Well said, Caitlin! I'm actually surprised at how many people haven't stopped talking about the election...it's getting annoying and bitter. Hope you have a great weekend and enjoy Veterans' Day!

Erika said...

Ah, I am so with you on this. Happy, Happy Weekend, Caitlin! :)

Kate Sparkles said...

Plus it's an important weekend to remember those who fought for the one America no matter who they voted for.. It's Rememberance Day here and the UK as well.. Lest We Forget.
Gotta say though, I miss the election! Because I wasn't inundated with it the way you all were and everyone I know was pro-Obama ( even conservative Aussie's are rather Liberal so the Republican's have very little support down here) I didn't have to endure daily debates and we didn't have any commercials either which made it something I could read about when I wanted to, not have to constantly endure. But I know how you feel, that's how I feel at the end of each Aussie election, like it's enough already!

Tina said...

this weekend [and the past few days since the election] have been a huge sigh of relief!! i couldn't take that shit anymore! and i cant agree more with your post! ive thoroughly enjoyed my weekend :)

Naghmeh said...

Those photos are so beautiful, totally remind me of the Notebook. I love the lake going on a boat is one of my favourite things to do in the summer time :)
enjoy your weekend!
xo

| C AND C | Sarmin said...

Almost a week after, glad its finally over with. I can now stalk Kim K again, & look up pretty makeup, & accessories. You know, things that are important to me.

Hope you had lovely weekend!