Tuesday, November 13, 2012

Lady in Waiting

I've been blogging slowly lately which affects no one, I know. However, I still feel the need to explain why. So consider this paragraph the equivalent to the stupid text you (or your ex) send to your ex (or they to you) after bumping into them unexpectedly: 'great to see you, sorry I was acting weird. Let's catch-up soon.". What a pointless communication...  but sometimes you just feel like it must be said.
Not being able to stomach the chore of my Blog hassss allowed me to focus on other areas of myself- such as waxing my eyebrows....
Such as this: for years I have fed all of my images through my own database albums. Well, that site has decided to stop being a feeder to my Blog (host sites do this if pageloads create a strain on the host site). So now, most of my old posts are pictureless. And I have the (very self-imposed) task of uploading all the images to a new host site and embedding them (again) into my old posts.  Not only does that in itself take 'FOR-EV-VER' (Sandlot anyone?) but I have to figure out which images they even were originally. Oy. I want to cry.

Until this is complete, the old posts have no images and I believe, look horrible and I just can't let that be. 
... and getting my shoulders ready for football season...
So please bare with me while I:
A) have a catalog of old posts that are as eye-catching as a white piece of paper.  

B) Am slow to post because after spending a lot of time fixing this issue, the only thing I want to do with my Blog is throw it off the balcony

Not my laptop, my blog. Which understandably wouldn't be possible but you get the drift.

However- I AM here, I AM queer (I'm actually not but those phrases just goes so well together) and I'm trying to get back into the swing of things! So before you write me off as boring, know that I'm trying hard to get back to the flow of things, once I undo the damage.
... and expanding my minds!
And yes, I did just kind of admit that my Blog NEEDS pictures to be slightly amusing (at best).

In frustration and anger today but hoping to be back this weekish,
Photobucket

14 comments:

Bri Buzali said...

So, one day I looked at my blog and ALL the pictures from my posts were missing. I never knew this could happen! How can I avoid that happening again (I feel for you!) and is that even possible to avoid? Glad you're back.

Pat Hatt said...

Can't do much when blogger wants to screw with you. Could scare the rats away with those pics though hahahaha nice sandlot reference too.

Erika said...

Awww...I'm sorry, Caitlin! It is amazing how difficult (and incredibly time-consuming) it is to recreate things that we have devoted so much time to. I had a similar experience a few years ago and cried like a baby, so I hear you.

On the bright side...the pictures you added to this post are priceless. :D

Katie said...

That would drive me crazy too! I have gone back before trying to work on old posts if links were wrong, pictures weren't there anymore - it did take forever and I probably should do it again.

femmefrugality said...

Ahhhh the joys of blog maintenance. Uploading pics takes so incredibly long, too! Sorry this happened!

Barry said...

Dude that sucks! Wow did I just say dude?? You sure don't look like one.

What a massive undertaking Caitlin. You know I'll never tire of looking at your photos, ever, but even if your blog were all white pages I'd still read it. Why? Because you're just that amazing and down to earth and straight-up and open-minded and you love animals and are easy to talk to and...well, you get the idea. x

Karrine Beasley said...

Bahahahahahahaha you are sooooo damn attractive girl! :)
As long as you dont leave us for good then its ok if you're having a slow time with blogging!
:)
xx

Bree TheUrbanUmbrella said...

Awe poor you! That sucks SO much!!!

Jessica Wray said...

Daaaaaaang, that is rough! Technology can be such a bummer sometimes! I feel for ya, girl

Elle Sees said...

i had to sign up and effing pay for google to host them, as it happened the day i was having the ole blog redone. take ya time; we'll be right here :)

Diana Dazzling said...

Lovely post, and lovely blog!
Wanna follow each other in GFC and Bloglovin’?
Let me know!
xoxoxo

www.cmgvb.com
www.cmgvb.com

Vanessa said...

Wow, how frustrating. I am so sorry. I haven't looked at old posts. If I don't look, that means everything is okay, right? ;)

Also, these pics? Gave me a good chuckle today! 8)

Ashleigh said...

OMG that SUCKS! I'm sorry.. nothing like an annoying chore to make you rethink the whole darn thing... I had a few issues with Picasa last year and only had to do with a few, I can't imagine a ton!! Hang in there, we're not going anywhere!

Panty Buns said...

I just read about how this aggravating situation occurred again while you were away on vacation in Cabo and Italy and subsequently wrote about it in your recent post titled: "Me Blogging Again: Coming Soon to a Theater Near You"! How frustrating. The photos you inserted in this post are hilarious!

http://www.full-brief-panties.blogspot.com/