Thursday, November 22, 2012

Thankful For...

 Thankful for... Uggs. I don't care how ugly or overplayed they are, on morning walks for coffee and newspapers or for a long plane ride, there is nothing better.
Image VIA
Thankful for... a chapter of my life with a friend. Time has changed our ability to talk every day, but there's never a time I'm not grateful for our reciprocal growth.

 Thankful for... vacuums, which provide instant-gratification cleanliness.

Thankful for... my camera, which gives me the gift of a Hobby. As I sit at a desk for 40 hours a week, this is vital to my well-being and peace of mind.
Thankful for...candles. For making my home into a relaxing little mecca at night... all the better to destress with my dear..

Thankful for... the floor-to ceiling windows overlooking a beautiful view at my apartment. It is just gorgeous (albeit always a bit colder).

Thankful for... over-the-knee boots. Though they make me hate every other kind that I own- over-the-knee just looks so sharp.

Thankful for ... mascara. Which helps me to not look like a demon when I'm tired (I'm sure everyone around me is thankful for this too)

 Thankful for... John Hughes' movies. They usually make me teary-eyed, I just can't believe how well he captured teenage angst/emotions/experiences (and I love just a little that most of them take place in Chicago...). Not to mention the wisdom that comes along with it such as Ferris Bueller's famous quote below. Truth.
Image VIA
Thankful for...Anne Frank. Rereading her book as an adult has allowed for much greater comprehension of its contents and leaves me sooooo impressed by her fortitude and spirit.

Thankful for... Halloween & Thanksgiving, some of the best Holidays around if you ask me.

Thankful for... the family puppy. We've had her since high school and she's almost 13-years-old now, which scares me. I always get excited to see her when I go to my Dad's house.

Thankful for...  the people in my life. Enough said. I love you all so much.

I'm also thankful for you. Our interactions bring a great deal of joy to my life.

Happiest Thanksgiving to you all!
Photobucket

10 comments:

Pat Hatt said...

Tons to be thankful for indeed and yeah Bueller and all Hughes flicks are great.

Jessica Wray said...

love this post! I so agree about the uggs. uggs are to winter as flip flops are to summer. 'nuff said.

Kara said...

I'm thankful for your fun blog! Happy Thanksgiving lady :)

| C AND C | Sarmin said...

So can I link this to my blog? I was going to do a Thankful post, I got lazy...Most of the things you said, ditto!! I would change the mascara to eyeliner, but pretty much the same.

Hope you had great Thanksgiving!

Karrine Beasley said...

Awwww lovely. Its so nice to stop and acknowledge all the good things you've got going on once in a while :) xx

femmefrugality said...

Awww great list. I hope you had a great Thanksgiving!!! I think thankfulness truly is the key to happiness.

Brooke said...

Happy Holidays!


=)


Brooke

Elle Sees said...

I got to visit A. Franks house in Amsterdam. Always pictured it as this tiny little place & was surprised how huge the annex was. A great moving experience.

Lindsey @ The Hill House said...

A great list of thankfulness. We tend to overlook the little things that we should be happy for. I like this reminder; I certainly need it here lately.

Ashleigh said...

I hope you had a wonderful Thankgiving, Caitlin! I'm in agreement on all of these except the Uggs ;)