Thursday, December 27, 2012

I think I can, I know I can

 Lately I've been feeling like I need some fabulousness in my life: More frills. More Champagne. More Outfits that excite me everytime I look in the mirror... more of just , THIS:


However, I don't feel that I've earned it yet and where I'm at right now, I wouldn't feel good in it the way I have before. Sooo, in my continued efforts to lose weight that I gained for no reason- I'm amping up the leverage to my diet with my Annual January Month of Health- I do it every year and every year come Feb.: I feel like a million bucks, or more like 100K... but either way, pretty good.  So in the spirit of getting started, this weekend they'll be no Booze and no Fatty foods- but there will be a wonderful day Skiing on Saturday and more outdoor time on Sunday.

Because if I ever want 'fabulousness' to seep in, I need to wear this uniform until I earn it:

Looking forward to one day feeling like me again!
Happy Weekend!
Photobucket

12 comments:

Katie said...

I need to do this - too many indulgences the past week. Time to get back on track!

Mandy @ In the Fashion Lane said...

I totally know what you mean when talking about "not earning" an outfit. I have spent the day (I am sick in bed) adding to my online wishlists, mostly items I want to buy when I lose 10 more pounds. Yup, shopping for the future. I have lofty goals for 2013 and the only way to conquer them is to start NOW! Or just continue on the straight and narrow!. WHatevs. Haha

Pat Hatt said...

Sure you'll be able to pull it off with ease through Jan.

Erika said...

Ooh, I absolutely love this idea - nothing says fabulous than a heavy dose of healthiness and fashion!

P.S. I don't try to emphasize that part of my wardrobe on said day; but now that you've put the idea in my head, I may just have to! :D

Lindsey @ The Hill House said...

That is quite an outfit you've got your eye on! Those shoes are crazy! I'm all about a new, fresh start to the year...I need one badly! Enjoy your outdoorsy weekend; I can't wait to see pictures! Happy early New Year!

Kate Sparkles said...

Ohh those boots! Amazing!

I'll definitely need to hit the gym pretty hard to work off what I ate this week.. but on Friday morning I woke up early, drove there and thought 'nope, not ready yet' and drove back home to bed! I definitely haven't earned the new dress I've been eyeing off!!

Holidays are hard!

Karrine Beasley said...

I am feeling EXCATLY the same! December and the end of living canberra saw far too much drinking and fast food eating for me - now im living back home its time to shape up :) xx

femmefrugality said...

So awesome! Love that you actually get it under control instead of just talking about it. (BTW...I think you're crazy and gorgeous, but I know what you mean about your own self-esteem.) Have a great time skiing! Little jealous! :p

Elle Sees said...

this year i'm not taking any shit! i'm getting serious and adding more fabulousity to my life. just two more days of fun!

Naghmeh said...

good for you for opting for the healthy options!
and I know what you mean about not feeling good in fabulous clothes if you don't feel fabulous from the inside !
Those are some fab options though!
xo

Slamdunk said...

Your post spoke to me and I type this blocking the cookies in the kitchen that are calling my name.

Anyway, Happy New Year Miss Caitlin!

Francesca Giusti said...

love this post and also your blog! It's so nice!!! I follow you!
Pass to my blog and if it likes you follow me too, I will be so glad :D
kisses
http://francescagiusti.blogspot.com/