Wednesday, December 26, 2012

Maddie & Mantras

 What's not to like about Christmas? Aside from the ever-present urge to talk down the Diet Police in your head as you consume drinks, carbs and sweets in the name of 'celebration' - Christmas is just plain wonderful Christmas: the gifts, the mimosas, the family time- all good.

But one of my favorite parts of Xmas on Tuesday, was looking over and seeing beautiful little Maddie, enjoying her 12th Noel. I hate seeing her face grow whiter and her step have a little less pep in it. But looking at her wrapped up in her little white bow, settling in on her new white blanket in front of the tree... my heart swelled bigger than the Grinch's.
Maddie's 12th Christmas. I can't handle her adorableness.
But enough of that "sentimental shhhhhhow of emotion", I've decided this is my mantra for next year:
Image VIA
 Yup.

Let's all just pretend that I can make that happen, K?

Back to work today...
Photobucket

10 comments:

| C AND C | Sarmin said...

Maddie's adorableness kills me!
It totally sucks that I didn't have a childhood pet (friend) like you have.

& what? "pretend that I can make that happen" You already do!!! Can I steal your mantra? I got the lipsticks part covered. & I so want a shirt like this.

Erika said...

Awww...Maddie! I know exactly how you feel about her. I had my cat Sassy from when she was 4 weeks old. It was so sad to see her grow older and slower over the years; but at least she was surrounded by people who loved her - just like Maddie! And now I want a dog...

P.S. I'm totally stealing your mantra! :D

Pat Hatt said...

Such a cute dog, old age comes to us all but at least she's still carrying on well, here's to the 13th xmas too for her.

Mandy @ In the Fashion Lane said...

Awwwww your pup is precious! And your mantra...AWESOME! I think you can make it happen ;)

Jessica Wray said...

CAN THAT BE MY MANTRA TOO!? It's so so so very very perfect!

PEONY

Jessica Wray said...

CAN THAT BE MY MANTRA TOO!? It's so so so very very perfect!

PEONY

Jessica Wray said...

CAN THAT BE MY MANTRA TOO!? It's so so so very very perfect!

PEONY

drollgirl said...

maddie! 12 christmases! that is so fab. and she is so cute!!!!!!!!

i look at my kitties all the time and wish they could be with me forever. turning old and gray and having less pep in one's step is so scary. no bueno!

but anyway! i hope you are enjoying the season! and happy new year to you!

Kara said...

Maddie!!!! She is so precious!!!!

Karrine Beasley said...

Oh you can defs make that happen girl! Great mantra :) xx